About Me

Welcome to The Fiery Chronicles! You have found the place where I share everything I find beautiful and interesting in life. This includes beauty and fashion tips, fitness/health advice, recipes, and the chronicles of my adventures. I hope you enjoy the ride!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Homemade Pizza Night

Well, boo and I just finished dinner a little bit ago and man was it good! We made homemade pizza together and had a blast doing it - I wish I'd gotten a couple pictures of us cooking, but it didn't occur to me until just now. Oh well. Next time! I did, however, get a picture of the beautiful sky today... 





Anyway, tonight's meal wasn't the healthiest thing I've ever cooked, but it wasn't that bad either. If I had made homemade dough and homemade pizza sauce it would've been healthier. But... It sure did taste divine! 


Here's how we did it... 


Instead of homemade I bought some regular ole Pillsbury thin pizza crust. Laid it out on the cookie sheet and baked it for 5 minutes (to harden it up before putting the sauce on). 



Took another shortcut by buying Prego Pizza Sauce - which was delicious btw. Oh! I forgot! My practically Italian boy ;) told me of an 'Italian chef secret.' Apparently Italian Chef's make a garlic and butter or olive oil mixture and spread it on the pizza crust before adding the sauce. We made it with olive oil, minced garlic, and a little garlic salt. 




In this house, we have an obsession with cheese... even though I am pretty much lactose intolerant, I still eat the delicious stuff - can't help myself. Anyway, sprinkle your cheese on top, we used mozzarella. 




We cut up two Roma tomatoes (thinly sliced), and chopped up a couple tablespoons of fresh cilantro (yum!). Now here you could stop, sprinkle some parmesan, and have yourself a delicious, vegetarian, margherita pizza! :) Or you can keep reading and see what we did... 






My boy loves bacon, and we tend to have a habit of just grabbing whatever is in the fridge and adding it to our recipes. So, we did the same thing today! We whipped out that bacon, cooked in the frying pan and added it to the pizza!

 I also made barbecue, lime chicken for a topping. I used about 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and about the same of lime juice, mixed it together and then put in my 5 chicken tenderloins. Once they had cooked for about 5 minutes I started shredding them (while they cooked) so that the flavor would get all the way through. :) 

Add the remainder of your ingredients and then sprinkle some parmesan on top! Place it in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. 



This thing was so good! And there was leftovers! Yay! :) I'm a fan of having food ready for lunch the next day. Especially because we try to eat more than three meals a day for our fitness plan {Usually I eat about 4, he'll eat about 7 but 2-3 of those are meal substitutes/protein shakes}. 

Hope you enjoy making this for yourself or your family and friends! Pizza making nights are always fun and it's nice to be in the kitchen with someone instead of by yourself. :) When I was a kid I loved pizza night because we would lay out a blanket in the living room and have a 'picnic' while watching a movie... And we got sprite, {which I love still - probably because of pizza night} which was a rarity at our house. ;) 

Anyway, enough rambling. Here is your ingredient list to make it simpler for you: 


Ingredients: 
5 chicken tenderloins
3 slices of bacon 
3 tbsp barbecue sauce
3 tbsp lime juice or 1 lime 
1 can of pizza crust 
1 small jar pizza sauce 
2 roma tomatoes 
3 tbsp fresh cilantro 
2 cups mozzarella cheese 
Parmesan Cheese 
2 tbsp olive oil 
1 tsp minced garlic 
Sprinkle of Garlic Salt (if you have it) 


2 comments:

  1. Look yummy, I have to try this. Besides my love for fashion, I love to cook too.

    http://www.fashionforjojo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should absolutely try it! It's tasty, easy, and tons of fun! Thanks for your comment!
      ~Amanda {tfc}

      Delete